If you're living in or around the Kirkland, WA, area, and you are experiencing signs of dry eyes, it may be time to seek professional eye care. Dry eyes, also referred to as "dry eye syndrome,” typically presents itself when an individual is incapable of producing adequate tears to keep the eyes hydrated. This can lead to a range of symptoms, typically beginning with simple irritations and discomfort. At Eye & Contact Lens Center, we will work with you to find treatments and solutions that will allow you to feel relief. An eye doctor near you is here to help.
Potential Causes of Dry Eyes
Dry eyes are caused due to an inability to produce adequate tears or maintain proper hydration over time, resulting in increased dryness, itchiness, discomfort, and even irritability. Some common causes of dry eyes include:
● Aging: In many cases, can lead to lesser tear production, resulting in more dry eyes as you get older.
● Medications: It is important to note that some medications you may be taking can also contribute to less tear production, resulting in dry eyes.
● Environmental Factors: A poor environment that is rife with smoke, debris, and even excessive screen time can lead to dry eyes at any age, regardless of genetics or previous vision abilities.
Medical Conditions Linked to Dry Eyes
Along with traditional causes, there are also medical conditions that are also linked to dry eyes, including:
● Lupus: Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can lead to the presentation of dry eyes in patients.
● Sjögren's Syndrome: This condition directly impacts the body's ability to produce both saliva and tears, which can lead to discomfort and dry eye issues.
● Diabetes: Diabetes is another issue that can contribute to the loss of eyesight and additional vision problems, such as dry eye, when left untreated.
Get Eye Care from an Optometrist Near You
If you are someone who has always suffered from dry eyes or if you simply want to see an eye doctor to learn more about the condition you may have, visit us at Eye & Contact Lens Center. At Eye & Contact Lens Center in Kirkland, WA, we can assess a range of eye conditions and will work with you to find a remedy that can restore your vision and eliminate discomfort. Call us at (425) 822-8204 for eye care from an optometrist near you.